Countless fresh water lochs and rivers in Wester Ross and Sutherland provide excellent fly fishing for Salmon, Sea Trout and Brown Trout. Fishing, in season, is by permit only. A selection of fly fishing options, and where to obtain permits are listed below;
- Am Fuaran Bar offer boat fishing for Salmon, Sea Trout and brown trout on Loch Oscaig.
- Badentarbat Lodge and Coigach Craft Shop sell permits for brown trout fishing on a number of the local lochs, including Loch Raa, Loch Vatachan, Loch na Creige Duibhe, Loch na Beiste, Loch Camas an Fheidh and Loch Totaig. Badentarbat Lodge also sell permits to fish Loch and River Garvie for Salmon and Sea Trout.
- Inverpolly Estate offer boat fishing for brown trout on a number of lochs, including Loch Badagyle, Loch Lurgainn, Loch Sionascaig, Black Loch and the Polly Lochs. Also available is bank fishing for brown trout on the estate hill lochs including Loch Doire na, and river fishing for salmon and sea trout on the rivers Garvie and Oscaig. The estate can also arrange deer stalking when in season.
- Ledmore Estate offer salmon and sea trout fishing on River Kanaird, boat fishing for brown trout on Loch Cam, Loch Veyatie, Loch Uragil and Loch Lurgainn.
- Assynt Angling Group offer fly fishing for brown trout fishing on the numerous lochs around Lochinver.
- Salmon Fishing can be arranged on the Rivers Inver and Kirkaig
The rocky Coigach coastline offer some good areas for sea fishing from the shore, with Pollock, Coley and Mackerel regularly caught. The “flat rock” on the Island across the Loch of Reiff is a convenient spot to try your luck; a little further afield, the pier at Badentarbat can be an excellent spot to catch mackerel in the mid to late summer and a walk to Fox Point between Dornie and Old Dornie can prove to be an enjoyable walk with the opportunity to cast a line.
The Assynt Angling Information website provides a “one stop shop” for both fresh water and sea fishing around Lochinver and Assynt.